The Unit of Short-term Training (UST) for painters will contain modules and resources concerning basic concepts and relevant environmental aspects of paints, varnishes and coatings, considering their types and classification, product’s life cycle, labelling and standards, indoor air quality, best practices and recommendations for the phases of purchasing, application, use and end of life of these products. The UST will consider the possibility of conducting field visits and invitations to external entities for dissemination of sustainable building products.
The work package includes the following list of activities concerning the respective profession:
- Analysis of needs and existing training materials;
- Identification of best practices and constraints;
- Development of training modules: unit program and session plans;
- Development of the training resources: training contents, practical exercises, and trainer’s manuals;
- Development of a client’s guide to support its purchasing decisions;
- Translation from English to three languages: Portuguese, Spanish and French.
In this way, it will be possible to meet the goals of improving the skills of the professionals, and contribute to implement a more sustainable maintenance and refurbishment of buildings.
The development of a client’s guide to support its purchasing decisions, to be disseminated in paper and electronic format, will allow an adequate choice of products and solutions, as well as an adequate selection of qualified professionals with additional skills on sustainable construction.
The UST will be evaluated and tested in WP 8 by several stakeholders of the building construction, maintenance and refurbishment sector. The results of the evaluation and testing will then be used to improve the UST.
The edition of the UST resources on-line and in paper format will be done in WP10.
Lead partner: NOBATEK
Start: January 2014
Duration: 31 Months